Become a Member
Membership is the basic foundation on which NYSARC was built. Members provide volunteers for programs and committees, help with fundraising, and increase public awareness. And as membership increases, so does a Chapter's voice and strength: Chapter representation on our policy-setting Board of Governors is determined by the number of chapter members.
Ultimately, membership gives NYSARC the voice it needs to make sure policymakers listen to our positions and platforms, essential to our long-term survival and growth.
Your membership helps NYSARC chapters:
- Influence policy and funding decisions of county legislators, boards of education, community services boards, village and city administration;
- Advocate for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities;
- Fund information, education, advocacy and support programs for parents, family members and the general public;
- Help people with developmental or intellectual disabilities plan for their own services.
- Find volunteers for critical programs and policy efforts;
- Develop legislative agenda that reflects the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Provide leadership and training opportunities; and
- Build coalitions with parents and professional organizations in planning and implementing public policy on a statewide level.
Membership begins with your local Chapter and includes enrollment at the State and National levels.
Steps to Becoming a Member
- Find your Chapter using the Chapter Locater tool.
- Once you’ve found your Chapter, click the “Become a Member” button on the left side of the Chapter Profile page.
- Confirm your eligibility for Chapter membership.
- Complete the checkout process.
Demonstrating Flexibility and a Strong Work Ethic
You might say Anthony Hubbard is a man of few words but don’t let the quiet demeanor fool you!...Click here to read more